Winter Runs

9:42 PM


I ran track all four years of high school, so running is a big part of my life. The problem I have is that I hate the cold and I definitely hate running in it. The easy fix to that would obviously be going to the gym and running on the treadmill, which I do once in a while, but it just isn't the same. 
This winter has been super cold for New England with all the snow and crazy cold temps, but this is what I wear to try and keep as warm as possible for running outside. Most of the things you want to wear should be insulated or some sort of Under Armour material. My New Balance running tights and this sweatshirt from Marshalls are both insulated and keep me pretty toasty. The sweatshirt even has thumb holes to keep the sleeves from moving around. I'm also wearing an Under Armour long sleeve shirt underneath the sweatshirt for extra warmth.
A big part of running outside, and working out in general, is accessories. I'm wearing this really cool printed headband from Bondi Band which doesn't slip and absorbs sweat. I also like to use an arm band to hold my phone so I can listen to music.
Doing anything outside in the freezing cold winter is all about being functional and staying warm, but that doesn't mean that you can't look cute at the same time!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Omg you are so athletic! Wow crazy amirite

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook