Summer Colors in the Fall

10:44 AM

Fall and winter are usually the seasons where our outfits take a turn for the dark and neutral. We've packed up our bright, patterned sundresses for next summer and out come the gray and black sweaters. But this doesn't have to be the case. There are ways that you can work those bright summer pieces into your winter wardrobe.

I got this hot pink dress from Marshalls over the summer and it was one of my favorites. It's an effortless shape and the color makes me stand out. So I found a way to transition it into the colder months by pairing it with black pieces. My black cardigan, black tights, and black booties tone down the dress and make it winter appropriate. I wore the gray and white plaid scarf just to split up all the black and to add a fun detail with the plaid. 

Wearing all black also makes the bright dress the focal point of my outfit, but at the same time it keeps it from looking to summery. It's all about finding a balance with the colors! And you can definitely do this with any other bright, summery piece you have that you thought had to stay in summer.

Remember, fashion has no rules.

Dress: Marshalls, similar color / Cardigan: H&M / Scarf: Old Navy, similar / Booties: H&M, similar

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a beautiful dress, the design and the fabric combo. Makes me want to be a little girl again so I could wear this velvet dress long sleeve . And twirl around with pride!"http://www.rosegal.com/velvet-dress-long-sleeve/shop/"

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook