Midi Made Sporty

4:47 PM

Sometimes trends come along that I love and when I see it on someone else it looks effortless, but being able to style it in a way that fits my style can be tricky. As you may have noticed, I don't have the most girly style (I own about 3 skirts), but the midi trend is one I am in full support of.

The first trick is finding the skirt that works for you. There are many different shapes and materials available in the midi length, but if you don't pick a style you're truly comfortable with, it will be harder to style with the clothes you already have. The minute I saw this one I fell in love with it; I liked the fact that it wasn't tight, but wasn't too full. The fabric hangs down, but the pleating gives it more shape. The stripes and thinner fabric also makes it more casual.

When it came to styling, I knew I wanted to go sporty, and what better way than to throw on a pair of sneakers! My shoes along with the denim jacket were a perfect casual balance to the natural femininity of the skirt. For a pop of color I've been into neck ties recently! I like to mix patterns so I chose this red plaid one, but any color bandana would work really well also.

I know that trends can be intimidating, but it's really about finding the right way to incorporate it into your wardrobe. Never compromise your personal style for a trend, because you never know how long it will last. My best advice is to wear what makes you comfortable and confident, and you'll look fabulous no matter what.

Skirt: J.Crew / Sneakers: Saucony similar or try Adidas / Sweater: Forever 21 old, similar here / Denim Jacket: C Wonder old, try this style / Neck tie: Thrifted, try a bandana!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook