Breaking Fashion Rules: Navy & Black

12:30 AM

Wearing two dark colors can be risky, many people say that wearing navy with black is a fashion faux pas because the two shades are just too similar. I believe there is an exception to every rule, and finding it in your own closet isn't as hard as you might think!
The key to wearing these two colors together is making sure that you choose one to stand out. You also want to make sure that the shade of navy has enough contrast with the black - if it is too dark, it will look more like two different shades of black. I chose to make navy my statement color in the form of a skirt. Meticulous color blocking is essential for executing this look: the colors should be broken up but only by one piece. If I had worn navy shoes, it would make my legs appear shorter as opposed to keeping one line by wearing black tights with black booties. Keep in mind this can be applied to wearing black and brown together as well.
To finish off my outfit I added a blue gem and gold necklace to make the outfit more interesting. Adding a statement necklace to your final look will tie the outfit together, as long as you make sure to keep the rest of it simple!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook