Claire's Cut & 2016 Hair Trends

9:00 PM


So, recently I decided to chop my hair off. Not that it was super long before, but cutting it above my shoulders was a pretty drastic change for me, considering it hasn't been this short since I was about 5. I had been seeing some new trends in hair that actually inspired my cut, so I thought I would share them with you! But first... some pictures!


Obviously these are not the only fashion forward ways to style your hair, they're just my favorite of the bunch.


1. Au Naturale

I love that recently many celebrities and icons have been embracing their natural hair texture. For a long time, I didn't appreciate my natural curls, nonetheless know how to style them, so I resorted to hot tools. Not only was it time consuming, but extremely damaging. It took time and care, but I finally figured out what works for me, and I couldn't be happier! Whatever your natural texture, I definitely recommend adopting this trend, and be proud of who you are.


2. Blunt Bob

So many of the haircuts I've been seeing recently have been blunt, with minimal texturing on the bottom, and short. Bobs are definitely back and I am in full support. This time around, they're a bit edgier than sleek. I wanted to try this out, but because of my natural curl my hairstylist gave me a bit more layering. However, if your hair is straight or wavy, this look would work well with your hair.


3. The Lob

While this trend might not be new in 2016, it's definitely not going anywhere. This cut is definitely a great precursor to trend #2 if you're a bit skittish. I've seen it as an in between for many celebrities (and me). If you're feelin' good about this, definitely go for the bob, and if you can't wait for your hair to grow out, then at least you tried it! I think the reason this style is so popular is because it is more sophisticated, but you can still feel young and fun. 


In the end, I see my hair as something to experiment with. No matter how you cut it, it's going to grow back. With that said, definitely do your research before going to a hair salon. If you're going for a different look, you want to be in good hands. I found it helpful to show a picture of the style I wanted. And Pinterest is your friend! It is definitely the best way to find a variety of pictures. If you're also not sure what's trending at the moment, I would recommend looking to celebrities; behind every celebrity haircut is a genius hairstylist.

Anyways, I hope this has encouraged you to be a bit more adventurous!

xx, Claire

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook